America's National and State Parks Vacations, those stretches of green that
dot the map, are our collective backyard, a wilderness to explore
and celebrate. Each summer, thousands of families pack up their
gear and head out in search of natural outdoor beauty: cascading
waterfalls, herds of elk and 8,000-foot snow-capped peaks. But don't
forget the other seasons; anytime is the perfect time to explore
the great outdoors.
National Parks are special places that preserve history and nature.
Some national parks have these programs for kids:
- Junior Rangers. Sign up for this minimal-cost program, and
your child will get an activity booklet with puzzles, questions
and activities about the Park. Kids learn about animals, ecology,
etc. and when the booklet is complete, return to the Ranger center
and your child will be presented with a Junior Ranger badge.
- Park Ranger Programs for kids. Many parks have special programs
led by park rangers to introduce wildlife and ecology. A third
great option for families is offered at one of the world's top
National Parks, Yellowstone.
- Multi-Day Family Programs. You want wildlife? Try bison and
grizzlies. Scenery? Try the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. Best
of all are the "geothermal features": Yellowstone is
literally in a volcanic caldera; the whole place bubbles, burbles
and spurts with mud-holes, hot pools and geysers.
Yellowstone, in other words, is not only fun it's also an education.
What better way to see it than with a naturalist?
Each summer, the Yellowstone Association Institute offers adventures
for families with a naturalist/guide. Try animal tracking, wildlife
watching, painting and hiking.
There are a great number of National Parks in the United States
as well as in other countries. U.S. Parks can be located by state,
region or zip code or by topics/interests from boating to dinosaurs
to the Civil War.
A few of the greatest National and State Parks Vacations are:
- Maine’s Acadia National Park.
- Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- A Geological Wonder-Missouri’s Shut-In’s State
- Colorado’s Mesa Verde National Park and other Parks of
Colorado and Utah.
- Wyoming’s Yellowstone National Park.
- Yellowstone’s Natural Wonder: Old Faithful Geyser.
- Montana’s Glacier National Park.
- Washington’s Olympic National Park.
Copyright 2010 Writers Opinion LLC - Family Vacation Ideas Information.